September has been a whirlwind. I'm settling nicely into my schedule and classroom but honestly, it's been a difficult month. I've done a lot of things, but the business and stress has really gotten to me and the anxiety has been back in large doses. Nothing I can't get through, but this month has just been kind of a hot mess. Here's what went down...
What I did:
I've been teaching. A lot. It's been crazy. It's been wonderful. It's been difficult. Basically, just get me to graduation.
We went to Gettysburg. It was a blast. We did a ton and I know Brandon had the best time. Read about it HERE!
Brandon had a birthday! I love this guy. He's the best and I am so excited to spend another year beside him.
I've been cooking a ton. And it's been a blast! I've baked cookies. We made vegan Chick-Fil-A sandwiches. We've made lasagna. We've done it all. And it's been amazing.
I got into a car accident. And boy, do I hurt. My car is crunched and I am basically in a ton of pain. It hurts to walk, sit, lay down and I constantly have an ice pack on my body. I got X-rays done after my accident and I have pretty bad whiplash. Luckily, it wasn't worse and I could be in a lot worse shape! So overall, I'm thankful.
What I liked:
Audio books-- how have I been in the dark on this for so long? As most of you know, I hate reading but I have been listening to audio books from the library (thanks to Rachel for showing me how!) and I am soaking it up.
- Once Upon a Time-- my love of Disney is making me fascinated with this show. I love all the moving parts.
- Serial-- I also started listening to season 1 of the podcast, Serial and OMG. It is the BEST. I'm not one for a murder mystery but I was hooked from the get go.
In case you missed it:
- 27 Things You Don't Know About My Husband
- A Simple Guide to Detroit's Neighborhoods
- Practical Ways to Unplug
- Why I Went Vegan
- Why Detroit Should Be On Your Travel List
- I Met People on the Internet and I Didn't Get Murdered
- 6 Practical Ways to Be More Grateful
- How I Bought My Wedding Dress Online
- Easy DIY Journal